Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year, 2012!

New Year's Eve:
Before I go forward I have to go back-
At the Car Wash with Handsome Man...you would think you just pull in and let the Wash do it's thing. No...(there is a science to really getting a good car wash) you pull in and open your door slightly so the running boards will poke out to get the full benefit of the wash. I notice this procedure as I'm using the time to check messages. When I ask about this I'm told that he's getting the running boards clean. Now this takes really good timing (which I'm sure I wouldn't have and a real catastrophe would occur-like losing the door and getting an unexpected shower.)
You've got to love how guys think!
After a successful car wash experience-which the running boards on my side are not near as clean, just so you know. We head out for a great dinner with dear friends. Party animals we are not, we are home in time to watch Dick Clark's Rockin' Eve and the ball drop. We wish each other a Happy New Year and go to sleep. Farmers go to bed early!

January 1, 2012
2:39 AM
The phone rings- these calls are never good. This one wasn't either. Someone had set hay bales on fire north of our home. Handsome Man calls the fire department and heads out. I stay back to hold down the fort and stay in a heated house. I took a picture from the house, it was quite a blaze! We are so grateful to our fire fighters, they're night was cut short, too.

So much for a short nights sleep.

We put the Christmas deco away this eve; actually we started this afternoon. We took a dinner break-Yum! I made a Black-eyed Pea baked dip. Got to have our black-eyed peas to bring in the new year. It was delicious, try PW's Zannie's Black-eyed Pea Dip. I've added a photo. After dinner we finished with the clean up. Handsome Man started the time honored tradition of carrying the boxes up to the attic. I finally offered to help when he had almost finished. After the 20 millionth trip-well maybe not quite that many, but it was quite a few-I smiled at his positive attitude and patience with all the stuff he puts up with just to make me smile. He's a great guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment