Sunday, January 8, 2012

Ranch Day


Today is Sunday...
A day of Worship,
Friends,
&
Fellowship.
I love Sundays!

Here is my morning smile...
It happens every Sunday when we get home from Church.  Maybe this happens to you, too...
My keys are buried at the bottom of my purse and I have to wait for Handsome Man to come to the rescue and unlock our door.  It's a small thing, but a nice thing and it makes me smile.

After lunch it's time to move the cattle...
ladies in waiting...
The girls are good to wait for Handsome Man to come to their rescue and open the gate to the trailer so they can enjoy their new home.   Can't you see how excited they are?  Checkin' out the new spot.

Oh, yeah!  It was pretty tight quarters in that trailer and they are happy to be out.
It's no wonder that (occasionally) we have cattle out.
They have to be confused as to where they are supposed to be as often as they are moved.
And the grass is greener...I'm just sayin'

He smiles...

Go Green!
This is a solar powered thingie that keeps the hotwire doing it's job of keeping the cattle in the field.
Handsome Man says it's a solar powered fence... again, I've forgotten the technical term.
Anyway, it works.
I've told you, I'm not a techie!

an attraction on the farm...
This is an old cattle chute that has been replaced with a portable cattle chute. 
I think this one has so much more character. 

Notice who gets to shut the gate,
and who's waiting in the heated pickup.

farm cat~good mouser

Later in the afternoon I spy Handsome Man at work again clearing some brush in the pasture.
He's always busy!
I'm getting practice with my camera.

We ended the day by checking on the ladies in waiting; ones due to calve.
Did you see the moon tonight?!
It was amazing!

Riding along in the pickup
MFSD

No comments:

Post a Comment