Saturday, January 7, 2012

Saturday

I just love Saturday!
When I was little it meant cartoons-Bugs Bunny, and The Jetsons-in the morning and playing outside for the rest of the day until Mom called you in for supper...
Now, it means a day for myself. Today it meant going to a quilt store with a friend. I am very fond and
comfortable to be among bolts of material; especially if you have a friend to share it with. You stand back and gaze at the many hues and you become suddenly aware of all the colors we have available to create a work of love; or maybe something for yourself. There are rules for shopping for just the right material-Touching each and every bolt is mandatory to really appreciate all the fabrics and their stories. Yes, they have much to say. After at least an hour or more (I don't wear a watch-and there is a reason for that) touching, pulling out bolts, carrying them throughout the store, & listening too; my friend and I finally make our choices and check out. Oh, then you walk back through for a final eye on the ones you thought about...then you leave. Happy and satisfied with our choices. I came home with one new project and material to allow me to finish another. Oh boy, it's time to sew! Well almost...

It's time for lunch! You always work up an appetite while shopping for material. Cheeseburgers and the most delicious onion rings are the plan. They are called mini onion rings-they look like skinny strings of batter covered onion. That's the only skinny thing about them. Yum! Good friend, good food, = good time!

On the drive home I enjoy this beautiful Oklahoma winter day. One, it's 56 degrees out, WOW! Two, it's January! I check out the winter trees. Have you noticed how they resemble pin and ink etchings against the clear sky; nature's art. Gotta love the simplicity!

Speaking of simplicity...sometimes we forget to stop and enjoy the view on the road home. Do it.
The road home...
MFSD

No comments:

Post a Comment