Thursday, April 26, 2012

Hmmmmm ...

Good Evening!
I love Thursdays because of the promise of Fridays and a weekend coming!

We have new baby calves~well Handsome Man has them... It is one part of farming I really like~so I claim them, too. Only let me be specific-I don't do much to help out with them except to say, "Ah, aren't they cute!" and take pictures. Handsome Man took these photos for me since I haven't gone out to see them for myself. I am expecting a ride to see them this weekend. (See why weekends are great!)

I'm in the baking mood for this weekend. Two cakes are on the agenda: first, a chocolate then a lemon. The chocolate is for a fund raiser in our community and the lemon is for my mother in law. We're celebrating her birthday this weekend. I've got the recipe for the chocolate one listed. It's soooooo yummy and really chocolatety and extra easy!
Oh...I use a chocolate butter cream frosting just in case it's not chocolatety enough for you :). Is chocolatety a word???? Maybe just for chocolate lovers like me!

Though it's evening I'm sharing a pic of mornings by the lake ~ oh, on the farm.

Recipe: Preheat oven 350 degrees
1 chocolate cake mix
1 small box of instant chocolate pudding
1 small box of instant vanilla pudding
4 eggs
2/3 cup of canola oil
1 1/3 cups cold water
Dash of cinnamon (I love cinnamon so I put in 2 dashes)

Mix well. Add 12 oz milk chocolate chips. Bake in a bundt pan for 1 hour.
Allow to cool and apply icing.

Delicious! Enjoy!

Chocolatety yours,
MFSD

No comments:

Post a Comment