Saturday, June 23, 2012

Hello, Friends!

April 29...my, it's been a long time.  Sorry, I've been busy.  Not that you haven't been either.  Let's see ~ the end of school, Harvest (which, by the way, started before school was out), started a walking program, (a little ~get off my backside and see the scenary program), traveling:  to have Mom, Nana, Friend and Georgia Family time, a little sewing, and reading a book.  Notice I said, "a book," last month's Book Club choice.  So it's June and almost the end of June at that!

Today I'm working from my "new to me" laptop.  Isn't it great ~ You can work from anywhere! 
I think to go forward, I'll start back...  Let's get caught up!

But first!  New News:  I'm going to be a Nana again!  Yes! My oldest daughter and her husband are expecting a new addition to their family!  YAY!  Number three!  I don't think you can ever have too many new additions in the Nana and Papa world :)  I love it!  Congrats to them & us, too!

Now back to starting back...  (I seem to be a little scattered, I'll try to settle down)

Georgia Family time:  I took my Mom to visit her sister my Auntie and our family in Georgia this past week.  We flew out on Monday and returned on Friday.  Yes, it was a short week~but a great one.  During our stay we visited up a storm, saw a few exhibits, shopped, visited a garden estate, had tea at Tea Leaves & Thyme, and ate some yummy food. 

Today, I'll concentrate on the walks.  My cousin drove me out to a state park, Red Top Mountain, there we took morning walks with her dog and really got caught up with each other and our world's.  One of those, we grew up together and then she moved away stories.  (You know the story, I'm sure you do.)  I've attached a few pics from the walk.  If you get the opportunity, it's a great place to visit.  There are cabins to stay in and wonderful hiking trails.  We got in our 3 miles a day.  I don't consider myself a hiker~ so we walked the trails (the easy ones), she took it easy on me. :)  Anyway, the scenary was breathtaking and well worth the drive.

Still dreaming Georgia time,
MFSD



Ahhhhh...
Thanks for the walks and talks, cousin!  Love you!

1 comment:

  1. It was certainly my pleasure! I enjoy sharing the places that are special to me with people that are important in my life. You have to come back east soon - I have more great places to show you!

    ReplyDelete