Saturday, June 30, 2012

Summer Salads

I am not a fan of hot weather.  Period, Exclamation Mark...
And recently it has been, "Crazy Hot!"
But, I do like Summer Salads, Yum!  I have discovered from a friend a yummy, cool, and extremely easy salad.  The hardest part is getting out in this Crazy Hot weather to go to the store for the ingredients.  I plan on making it this weekend to share with my family.

                                             Grape Salad

As I said, easy!
Not many ingredients... oops! 
*I forgot to add the sour cream to my photo.

Better list the recipe:

8 oz cream cheese
6 oz sour cream
1/2 cup Splenda
1/2 tsp. vanilla
6 cups of grapes (color of your choice)
1/2 cup nuts (walnuts are really yummy)
sprinkle of brown sugar

Mix softened cream cheese, sour cream, Splenda, and vanilla.  Add grapes and stir until grapes are coated.  Add nuts and sprinkle top with brown sugar.

Soooooo Yummy!

What's on your menu for this weekend?
Maybe something special to celebrate our Nation's Birthday?

I'm not a whiz in the kitchen, but I do like good food!

Stay Cool!
MFSD

No comments:

Post a Comment