Tuesday, July 3, 2012

I love Oklahoma!

We took a day trip; headed west on Hwy 412. On the way we passed through the Gloss Mountains and Painted Desert. These were an amazing site! I was impressed with their majestic beauty! The bonus-you can drive there in a day.

They are called, Gloss (or Glass) Mountains because of the layers of selenite - transparent, shiny and crumbly.  I love, "sparklies!"
The high topped mesas contain three types of gypsum-satin spar (red stained), selenite & the massive- cap rock. Beneath the cap rock of the mesas are geologic formations from the Pennsylvania era (over 350 million years ago). I know--they have aged well!
Handsome Man was very kind to stop and let me get a few photos. I think he got the hint when I was rolling down my window and taking photos while traveling at 65 mph.  He is very patient with me about photo op's since I've started this new adventure of blogging; plus he doesn't want to see me lose my camera. 
He's the Best!

Of course you can see that we're home and I am waiting for him in a field (I love this view, too)...
Trading off...it's a great way to support each other with the things we love to do!

Oklahoma Scenic Views...

The above shots were taken from a look out point.
Just look at the amazing colors!
Those flat cap tops are so fascinating~how do they do that?

This photo was one of my 'on the move' photos~
I just can't help myself.

Isn't he cute!  He really looks good playing in the dirt!
Now~I know it's not really playing, he works very hard~
VERY HARD.
But I also know he loves it.
Another Oklahoma View that I appreciate and admire!

One last photo as we leave the mesas.
I took this one with the window up...
didn't want to push my luck.
See you on the road...
MFSD

PS
Have a Safe and Happy Fourth of July!  Happy Birthday, USA!
A Big Thank You to All who are serving and have served to insure our freedoms!

No comments:

Post a Comment