Thursday, July 5, 2012

Celebrating Our Country!

Dearest Friends,

I hope you had a wonderful celebration with your family and friends. We did!
We ate till we could eat no more...well, maybe a little bit more.

Our community has a fireworks show out at the lake.  We have a front row ticket from our yard.  So... Handsome Man watered a section of the lawn (to soften up the prickly grass)~remember we live in the country.  The only sprinkler system we have is rain from the skies or Handsome Man with the lawn sprinkler.

Anyway... Handsome Man set up the lawn chairs for us~after consuming the usual Fourth of July cookout.  (More on the menu we enjoyed, later.)

Here are a few photos that others took...(I took the night off with my camera.)  I just sat back and enjoyed the show with our family and friends.


These are a few of my July decorations.
It's one of my favorite holidays!
(I did take this one...
the morning after.)


My nephew sent this~ it was a great shot!


Handsome Man took this one... even the stars took part!




My nephew sent this one,
I love it!

By the way~Did you see the Moon last night???  We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful evening!  I was almost afraid that it might be so bright that the sparklers wouldn't show up.  But, it just added to the beauty of the night!

Fireworks, Star, & Moon gazing,
MFSD

No comments:

Post a Comment