Thursday, July 12, 2012

Dallas Trip

On our way to the Big D
Dallas, that is.
They say everything is bigger in Texas,
well, yes~I would agree.


We took the pony for a drive.
(She loves the road.)
Sorry~I really have Mustang Fever!
I think they're really a sweet car.
(I mean it~I'm crazy about my Stang; well...next to Handsome Man, that is.)


Coming in to the city...
Wow!
It's been a long time since I've been through the Big D.
Thank goodness for GPS!
Handsome Man handled the driving
(these people are really in a hurry
or...they're just crazy),
and I handled reading the GPS and watching for the exits.
Oh, and yes~being wowed by all the fascinating structures.

When you're on a road trip...there is the food.  First stop was a Black-eyed Pea Restaurant.  I was so hungry, I forgot to take a pic of my dinner, Oops!
It was delicious!  I had grilled chicken with veggies (red & green peppers, onions, yellow squash and a variety of melted cheeses) on flat bread, Yum!  Handsome Man had his all-time favorite, chicken fried steak; it looked great too.  But, as you can see my focal point (after eating and realized I forgot the picture) was the Texas Star.  They were everywhere.  You have to admire a state that is so proud of it's heritage; stars were everywhere. (I know I'm repeating myself~but they were~everywhere!)

I'll be sharing more of our Texas Tour, tomorrow :)
(and yes, there are more stars)

Driving the country,
MFSD

No comments:

Post a Comment