Friday, July 20, 2012

Sweet Dairy Sweet


A sweet stop along the highway,
The Covington Dairy Sweet.

You know it's Summer when
The Covington Dairy Sweet opens
Mon ~ Sat.
They keep summer hours 11 til 8 pm.

I love this place!  It's so Sweet!
(Sorry, this will be a very "Sweet" story.)

They keep their menus
posted on the windows.
Handprinted to allow for
menu changes
(subject to availability)
and price changes
(subject to attitudes that come to the window)
Smiles & Happy Conversation
are welcome!

Lots of other words of wisdom are posted~
for your reading enjoyment while you anxiously
await your sweet (I told you) treat.

Your order comes in a crunchie white bag.
(I love the way it sounds as they hand it to you, CrUnChIe.)
The thick yummy milk shakes frost the cups.
My bag held a good ole hamburger
and fried okra;
complimented with a rich frosty chocolate shake.
I know it's not low~cal; but worth every one!

Visiting Dairy Sweet takes me back to
 drive up and get out to order times.
Crunching your sandals in the gravel while you wait.

Oh my...

More Summer loving...
MFSD

No comments:

Post a Comment