Friday, July 13, 2012

Downtown Dallas

Dallas, The West End

Old Red Museum
(originally the courthouse)
built in 1892.
A great place to get information about Big "D."
Past & Present
I fell in love with this building~
I love the red stone.
I love the clock tower.
I just think it's amazingly beautiful to have retained it's original integrity for over 100 years!
(Can we even build something today that will withstand the passing of time & still speak of our past in over a hundred years?)
I hope so...


You will find a monument built for
John F. Kennedy
on the lawn beside, Old Red.
This monument is meant to reflect & symbolize the freedom of JFK's spirit.


We stood at the corner where the motorcade turned to go down the road that would forever change our history.  You can see the sixth floor window
that was used to assassinate Pres. Kennedy.


Yes, I'm a happy girl.
I love history.
I really enjoyed the trip.

This is a part of the drive close to where
our President was shot.
So sad.

Looking back from the corner you can see the older buildings that were present during the assassination. 
Also, notice the newer buildings that have been built since.
We are resilient.

Taking a step back, to go forward,
MFSD

PS
Happy Birthday, B!

No comments:

Post a Comment