Monday, July 30, 2012

A "Me" Day

I had a "Me," day.
"Me" day lunch with my Mom at Shady Lady...
(it's a local Tea Room & Restaurant)
Yes~I had lunch first, a delicious ham & asparagus quiche,
but the highlight was the Chocolate Pie!
Yum!
Oh, Mom had some too.
I am so blessed to have my Mom close by so we can go and have lunch together; anytime we want.
Well, at least during the Summer months.
Mom's are great!
They love ya no matter what.  (Thank goodness!)
"Me" day included getting a pedi.
I love getting my toes done.
Feet need a little TLC once in a while, too!
Happy Toes!
(Don't you love the color????)
((Bright Light Big Color, by OPI))

Foiled again...
"Me" day was a little time spent getting a touch up on my hair.
One of the glories of aging is having to cover up the gray.
Okay...I don't have to~I choose to.
Camouflage with foil.
Happy Hair!
Happy Girl!
This is the ooooooooh~ahhhhhhhh moment.
My happy toes love the warm swirly water!

My "Me" day ended with reading in the sun room.
This is my favorite spot to read.
Warm, sunny, cheery...invites me every time.
Our Book Club is reading, Nora Ephron's,
I Feel Bad About My Neck
and other thoughts on being a woman.
(More about this later...)

It has me thinkin'
From Head to Toe, I had Happy Time.
I can camouflage my toes for happy feet.
I can camouflage my hair for happy me.
But those wrinkles at my eyes, neck, hands...
Well, those I don't get so concerned about~
I've earned everyone with happy & sad times.
(Grateful that there have been a million times more happy times than sad.)

What is a "Me" day for you?
Some days you just gotta.

Me,
(Well...at least a part of me)
MFSD

No comments:

Post a Comment