Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Family Fish Fry

Family Fish Fry
I am so blessed with a beautiful family.
It's the best of times when they all come home.
This summer we all got together and had a Celebrate Dad Day.
When ever there is a gathering
food is a very important part.
I love cooking in the kitchen with my family.
Everyone pitches in and it can get a little crowded...
(that is my favorite part!)

This was our second annual Fish Fry.
My oldest daughter and her husband bring up
a mess of catfish that he has caught.
(He's a great fisherman.)

They also bring up fresh veggies from their garden.
She fried up delicious okra and yellow squash.

Oh yeah...
curly fries, too!
You'll notice someone is sneaking in for a taste!
That would be daughter number two,
she's a great cook, too.
(Yeah...I know it's a lot of fried food~but I've got to admit it was worth every calorie and bite.)
~We did use Canola Oil~
lots of Canola Oil.

To compliment all the fried foods...

My Mom made a yummy
Spinach Strawberry Salad,
with almonds, dried cranberries & a light vinaigrette dressing.
I also made the Grape Salad,
you know~the one with cream cheese and splenda.


The Table was set,
and appetites ready.
I had to take a quick picture before everyone sat down.
We kept it very simple, paper plates and all.
Remember this is country cooking at it's best.
A lot of wonderful hands worked hard to put this meal together.
I love having my kids home.
I love sharing the kitchen with them.
Oh, and yes, we had homemade ice cream!

I hope you had some Family Time and Kitchen Time this summer.
What traditions do you have with the family?
Favorite Foods?
If you haven't started one, do.

Looking forward to a third annual fish fry,
MFSD

PS
Thanks, kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment