Monday, October 22, 2012

Road Trip North

We took a road trip.
Actually, I rode along with Handsome Man~
he was invited to tour the John Deere Factory in Waterloo, Iowa.
As you can see~Vera!
We loaded up and headed out early Wednesday morning.
And, yes it was early...we beat the sun up.
Then scenary along the way was so pretty and rainy.
We saw a lot of corn fields, soy beans, and black dirt.
(They have amazing soil!)
I noticed huge bins at each farm.
Handsome Man educated me on their practice for storage.
Where we might get 80 to 100 bushel corn~if we're lucky and there is rain.
They harvest close to 200 to 240 bushels!
I saw piles of corn in huge stacks; guess the bins were full.
Corn has a waxy coating~doesn't spoil like wheat would.
(That black dirt is very good!)
Thanks to John Deere and Handsome Man,
I had a great road trip!
(You guessed it~Handsome Man drove and I photographed.)
((Sometimes at 75 mph~he doesn't slow down much.))

We got to see a lot of countryside along the way.  And it rained the entire time we were there.  I'll be sharing more of the trip and sites throughout the week.

Loving the road,
MFSD

PS.
Thanks to some special friends who shared a wonderful lunch and opened their home for a great afternoon visit while we were there!  I hope she's painting again!

No comments:

Post a Comment