Thursday, August 23, 2012

Back in the Kitchen, Yummy!

Strawberry Cake, yum!
Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting, yummy!
I haven't made this in years.

This are the ingredients you will need.
I can't wait for the end result.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

Mix together:
One white cake mix, 1~3oz. box of strawberry flavored Jello gelatin,
 4 large eggs, 1/2 cp Canola oil, 1/4 cp milk.

Thaw & puree 15 ozs of frozen sliced strawberries.
Add all but 1/4 cp of the strawberries to the cake mixture,
(this 1/4 cp you have left is for the frosting.)


Bake in a lightly greased (I use PAM spray) 9"X13" pan
for approximately 30 minutes
or until it pulls from the edge of the pan.
Allow to cool before frosting.

And then it's frosting time!
I chose a Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting.
Mix together:
1~8oz cream cheese, softened,
1/4 cp butter,
1 box of Powdered Sugar,
1/4 cp of the pureed strawberries

Let your cake cool completely and frost.
Oh, Yeah...

(I store the cake in the refridgerator.)

*I used my old aluminum 9"X13" pan.  It's not a fancy pan~it's been with me for many years.  And...it's the only pan I have ever used for this cake.  (I was afraid to make it in any other!)  You know how it is when you've had a success~you're afraid to risk another pan.

What's cooking in your kitchen?  Do you have a favorite old recipe?
I'd love to know!

Back in the kitchen with an old favorite,
MFSD

~Happy Birthday, Neighbor!  Hope you liked the cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment