Friday, August 3, 2012

North to Alaska!

Vacations are great!
The promise of unexpected adventures and delights!
Yep!  We're packed and ready to go.
Alaska, here we come!
(You'll notice I'm taking Vera with me,
I don't like to go anywhere with out a piece or two.)
Check it out:  verabradley.com
They make great traveling a little more fun!
((As if vacations weren't already fun.))
(((Oh...I love the colors!)))


And of course...
there is the food!


Our first delectable dish was in Vancouver, Canada~
a yummy downtown dive called:  Cactus Club Cafe.
It was a very popular spot for the young professional crowd that was enjoying celebrating the beginning of the weekend, on a Friday Night.
They were very nice and friendly to us tourists.
I ordered a chicken quesadilla, with my all time favorite~
Sweet Potato Fries!
Oh my!
Handsome Man ordered chicken fingers~very American, he is.


Tomorrow, I'll share a few more vacation delights...

Have you taken a vacation or adventure by yourself or with your family?

Obviously~ this was an uncommon and very special vacation for us.  We're usually the "mini vacation," types.  It's difficult for Handsome Man to be away from the farm for too long.  But I didn't have to talk too long to get him to take this trip.

What can I say, "I'm spoiled."

Sharing our vacation,
MFSD

PS.
Sorry about the surprise blog on the Quilt Shop; I'm not sure what happened...I was working on getting the vacation entries ready and the next thing I know~it went ahead and sent.  But, then I decided that maybe it went on ahead for a reason.  I really think it spoke for itself~sharing a lot of the Alaskan culture influence in all the quilts.  I couldn't have said it better myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment